Sunday, May 15, 2011

Coming Out of My Funk

So, this blog has been dead for over a year. To be honest, I had totally forgotten about it.

I'm actually kind of in a gaming funk right now. I'm coming off my RIFT MMO trip. My guild was going pretty strong and about a month into it, we all just dropped off. There's just not any video games I'm in the mood to play right now.

I've been wanting to play a table top RPG using online table-top software. Someone made a MapTools client for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition. The problem is, there's a ton of people who are wanting to play, but no one willing to GameMaster a session. Therefore, no games.




It looks crazy fun. It's a lot more lethal system than D&D. You're not playing this paragon of awesomeness. Many times, you're just a commoner and soldier who forced into heroic situation...with little chance of making it out alive. It's based off the table-top wargame and really expands on the game's 25-year old lore.


I've been contemplating running one myself, but having never actually played the game, I'm not as familiar with the rules as I'd like to be.

And on top of that, I got tired of DMing for D&D, which, was the result of no one I knew willing to run a game. I want to be the player for once...

So, I plan on getting this blog up and running again. Later.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard Brink is pretty sweet, we'll have to rent it though because I hate paying $60 for a game that I'll get all of a week's worth of play out of and then trade it in for $20.

    ReplyDelete